Many people are turning vegan these days. But for those people, who thought that vegan means not being able to enjoy pastries and desserts, here is some good news. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to cook up something really quick without eggs or dairy? Well, there are some delicious vegan dessert recipes that require only two ingredients. Have a look!
Easy Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Long-grain rice – 100 gm
- Jaggery powder – 250 gm
- Skimmed soy milk – 1 litre
- Boil the milk and reduce the flame.
- Add washed and soaked rice into the milk and keep stirring.
- Once the soy milk is reduced to 3/4th , add jaggery powder.
- Remove from the stove. You can garnish with nuts and serve hot or chilled.
Chocolate Steamed Bun Recipe
- 380 gm water
- 95 gm sugar
- 28 gm fresh yeast
- 725 gm flour
- 27 gm Dark Cocoa Powder
- 9 gm baking powder
- 6 gm salt
Mix the water, sugar, and yeast in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a bread-like dough and let it rest in a box at around 38 degrees Celcius for half an hour. Cover this dough with a warm and wet cloth. Now make small balls of the dough and fold in the chocolate-coconut filling. Again let the balls rest for 30 minutes. Lastly, steam the buns for 5 minutes to get you chocolate steamed buns.
There are various modifications and alterations to this recipe. Some people put a cooking chocolate piece in the center of the dough while steaming that melts can come out like lava when you bite into it. Some people add various kinds of praline, nuts or caramel fillings inside. The cocoa powder gives the buns a delicious chocolaty flavor that tastes divine on being steamed. Steaming a bun is different than baking it as you get a different taste altogether. Steamed buns often taste fresher and moister than the baked ones.
These buns are also known as bao. While steaming the bao is simple, the trick comes when you have to put a filling inside. You need to get some expertise with steaming the perfect bao at first and then trying with the filling ones.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water in a pan and cook. Keep stirring over medium flame until the mixture comes to a boil and the sugar gets dissolved. Next, remove from the gas and add in butter and vanilla into the mixture while still hot. Keep stirring to cool it a bit and melt the butter completely.
- Add the flour, baking soda and nutmeg into the cooled mixture. Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and blend well. Store the dough in an air-tight container. You should refrigerate this for a minimum of 12 hours. You can also use this dough after 4 days, but not after that.
- Next, heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove a little portion of the dough and knead until it is smooth. Roll it using a rolling pin up to ¼ inch thickness. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake.
- Bake until you see the cookies developing light brown edges. Allow them to cool by placing them on the wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
So try these vegan and delicious dessert recipes at home and impress your loved ones.