Being a vegan doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy delicious breakfast. In fact, some delicious vegan recipes are there that will make you completely forget the non-veg breakfast. So, I am giving you the recipe of vegan quesadilla that you can make just within half an hour.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Calories – 291 kcal
- Tortillas – 4, 10-inches each
- Red and green bell pepper – 1 each, diced
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder, cumin powder, turmeric – ½ tsp each
- Onion – ½, sliced
- Tofu – 1 block, cut into small pieces
- Vegan cheese – 2 cups, shredded
- Salt – to taste
- Place a pan over medium flame and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil. As the oil is hot, add the onion, green and red bell pepper. Sprinkle some salt over the veggies. Fry them for a few minutes till they are soft. Once done, keep the pan aside.
- Take another pan and place it on medium flame. Heat the remaining oil. In the hot oil, tip the turmeric, garlic and cumin powder and mix well. Once you get the aroma of the spices, add the tofu and sprinkle some salt. Stir the tofu so that it gets coated with the spices properly. When the tofu gets a brownish tinge, taste to see if the salt is okay or not. If required, you can sprinkle little more salt.
- Now, put a non-stick pan over the medium pan. Once the pan is hot, place one tortilla. Let it become hot for a few seconds before turning it over so that another side becomes hot too. Now fill half of the heated tortilla with about ¼ cup of the cheese followed by the prepared tofu. On it, add the mixture of onion and peppers and again add some cheese on the top. Now fold it.
- Take a spatula and gently press the loaded tortilla. When one side turns brownish, flip it carefully so that no fillings come out. Now cook another side for some time till it becomes brownish, and the cheese inside melts.
- Cut the tortillas into halves. Various types of toppings go with this vegan dish, such as fresh and chopped cilantro, vegan sour cream, avocado slices, jalapeno as well as hot sauce. These toppings make the quesadilla tastier.
- You can prepare the other tortillas following the same process. Your healthy and tummy-filling quesadilla is ready.
A Few Points To Remember
- When you have decided to ditch your animal protein, this vegan breakfast can supply all the proteins that you need. And when you are thinking that only oatmeal or veggies are your options, this cheese, and savory quesadilla brings fresh air in your breakfast table.
- You can make this dish with other things like vegan beans or sausage or legumes if you are not fond of tofu. Not only that, different veggies like mushrooms, spinach, corns, and tomatoes can go into this recipe to make it full of proteins and vitamins.
- You can carry these anywhere you want. If you do not get the time to eat in your house, just pack it and have a bite on-the-go.