When you have just turned vegan, finding the right vegan food can be quite a challenge. Infact, this challenge becomes more intense when it comes to finding vegan bread. Though stores do have bread but they mostly are made of animal products. Thus, it is always advisable to cook vegan bread recipe at home so that there is no confusion about the ingredients. Moreover, it will also ensure a perfect variety to your vegan meal.
So, let us learn about a flawless vegan bread recipe which can be prepared easily at home and pamper your loved ones.
White Vegan Bread Recipe
This white vegan bread recipe can be used to make delicious grilled sandwiches. You can prepare this vegan bread in 1 hour 30 minutes and can cook it in 40 minutes.
- 3 cups of organic bread flour or all purpose flour;
- ½ cup of warm water;
- 2 tablespoons of oil;
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar;
- A tablespoon of active yeast;
- 1-1/4 teaspoon of salt;
- ½ cup of almond milk or any non dairy milk.
- Take a bowl and mix in yeast and warm water, and sugar. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes or until the yeast is frothy.
- In addition, take another bowl and mix in all the dry ingredients and make sure to combine them well.
- You can also add the yeast mixture, oil, as well as the warm almond milk. Knead it for about 8 minutes and make smooth dough. Also make sure that the dough is non sticky.
- You can also use more water if the need arises or more flour. This will depend upon the consistency of the milk you are using or if you are using any kind of sweet maple in place of sugar.
- At this stage, you can spay water on the top of the dough. Also cover the bowl with the towel and allow it to sit for about 1.5 hours. You can also wait till the dough doubles in size.
- Now, take out the dough and punch it well to give it the shape of a loaf.
- Take a bread pan and line it with a parchment paper. You can spray some oil in the pan or can dust the pan with flour.
- Bake the dough in this pan for atleast 35 to 40 minutes. After it has been baked well, remove it from the pan and let it cool completely before serving.
Tips For Preparing
- Always make sure that you use a bowl which can accommodate upto 3 times of the prepared dough. Also, the dough should not touch the towel which you are using for covering the bowl.
- Also cover the top of the dough with another parchment in the last 5 minutes. This will reduce browning of the bread. You can also brush the bread with melted vegan butter in order to soften the crust of the bread.